Vetti is a farm with a long history. The meaning of the name Vetti supposedly means something along the lines of “fairy tale meadow”, and the fairy tale landscape connection makes sense when experiencing the contrasts between the mowing fields, the roar of the waterfalls and the close vicinity to wild nature. The entire valley of Utladalen as outlying fields has belonged to the farm of Vetti for centuries. Old sources tell us that there were arable land and the cultivation of grains going as far back as 1120. As so many of the outlying farms, Vetti was left deserted after the Black Death. Vetti was officially named as a deserted farm in 1601, making it perhaps more desirable as clearing a deserted farm could lead to both a period of tax exemption and future tax breaks. From 1603 onwards a man named Eirik was named as the farmer. Sources say that the current Vetti family arrived at the farm in 1714.
Jørgen Anfinnson, born 1747, was most likely the first farmer on Vetti to own the farm. Since then the family lived on the farm until the 1980s. Up until the 19th century there was only one farm at Vetti. Later on the farms of Lauvhaugen and Flaten became part of the community, first as tenant farms and later on as owner-occupied farms. Vetti has had seasonal farms at the mountain farms of Vettismorki and Fleskedalen. The latter vas previously known as Fleskenosdalen. The seasonal farm at Fleskenosdalen was in use up until 1953, whilst seasonal farming was taking place at Vettismorki up until 1968. The seasonal farm included a fenced in mowing field which was harvested up until the end of the 1950s.
More information about the valley of Utladalen and Vetti Farm can be found in the Norwegian book «Utladalen and the mountains surrounding it», written by Hans H. Thyri.